We had a great time last night at the Deloitte Networking Reception held in connection with the World Petroleum Congress. The event was held at The Ion located on Main Street. I have to admit the reception was very nice: good venue, good food, and good people – mostly accounting and finance type professionals.
Here is a list of some of the activities:
- Live music
- Demonstration of robotic dog, Dot
- Speech from David Leebron, President of Rice University
- Sneak peek at The Ion’s new innovation space
The Ion is a technological hub designed to promote innovation in Houston business. Here are some clips from their website:
- Houston is home to some of the world’s most impactful innovations in the fields of energy, space, medicine, and more.
- The Ion anchors, activates, and accelerates the innovation ecosystem through partnerships, pathways, and programs that create opportunities to advance and sustain resilient economic growth in Houston.
I say the reception was a success. The people and the venue were very pleasant. Stay tuned for more about the World Petroleum Congress. I hope to cover more Deloitte events in the future.