The delegation from Guyana sponsored a social event at the Asia Society Texas Center following the Offshore Technology Conference. There were some good speakers there including Sarah-Ann Lynch (photo above), US Ambassador to Guyana
Here is a list of speakers:
- Peter Ramsaroop, CEO Guyana Office for Investment
- Liam Mallon, ExxonMobil Upstream Oil and Gas President
- Deodat Indar, Ministry of Public Works
- Vickram Bharat, Minister of Natural Resources
- Hugh Todd, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Bharrat Jagdeo, Vice President of Guyana (featured speaker)
The message from Guyana is clear. They are seeking private investment in their nation. Guyana discovered a large reserve of oil off their coast a few years ago. But this is not their only objective; rather, they are looking to find investment in all areas of their economy. Ambassador Lynch signaled in her speech that the USA is emphatically supporting this effort. VP Jagdeo also highlighted that Guyana is a good place for investment and the government is fully behind those who wish to take stock in the country and improve the lives of the citizens there.
Guyana has a very impressive booth at OTC. Come on down, on this last day of OTC, and check out their exhibition. Mean while, please see more photos of the mixers down below.