The Greater Houston Partnership states that energy will be a laggard next year. I will believe it when I see it.
2020 EMPLOYMENT FORECAST
The Partnership’s forecast calls for the region to create 42,300 jobs in ’20. Growth in ’20 in Houston will occur out- side of energy, especially in sectors tied to population growth, the U.S. economy, and global trade.
- Health care, government, accommodation and food
services, construction and administrative support
services will turn in the strongest performances.
- Professional scientific and technical services and trans-
portation and warehousing will see moderate gains.
- Other services, education services, finance and
insurance real estate and arts, entertainment and
recreation will log marginal growth.
- Manufacturing and wholesale trade will be flat to
- Energy, retail and information will contract.
You can download the entire report here: https://www.houston.org/download_manager/2444/3648