The AIPN International Petroleum Summit is currently taking place at the Marriott Marquis, May 21 -23, 2019. This is not a conference for lightweights. These are some serious folks getting into the details of the petroleum industry; like law, accounting, environmental regulations, permitting, safety, and the software for managing these topics.
Here is a short list of some of the topics:
- Poverty, Carbon and the Role of Natural Gas
- Operating in Mexico
- Weathering the Storm: Understanding and Solving Carbon and Climate Issues Related to Oil and Gas
- Venezuela – What is the end game?
- Brazil’s Reforms and Opportunities
- Geopolitics & Short-Term Oil & Gas Prices
- The Evolution of Talos Energy and Key Strategies for Future Success
- Entering the Age of Natural Gas
- Exploration Strategy in the Shale Era
- The Gulf of Mexico: Competing for Investment in an Expanding Global E&P Market
- Disruptive Technologies and Practices in the Oil & Gas Sector
This conference is a real “gem”. I met folks from all over the world: Brazil, Mexico, and Portugal. The software and artificial intelligence is what caught my attention. I am going to be following this event in the future.
For more information, please view their website: www.aipn.org. Meanwhile, down below, I have photos from their blowout gala and awards banquet. The event was held at The Hobby Center For The Performing Arts. What a treat.