PITTSBURGH … At the 2019 Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) in Houston, power management company Eaton will show how it is working with oil and gas customers to help solve productivity issues. An increasing global population and changing regulatory environment puts additional pressure on oil and gas operations to meet the world’s energy needs. Eaton’s industry-exclusive solutions help oil and gas customers simplify maintenance and dramatically reduce or avoid downtime, even in harsh and hazardous areas.
“We know that nearly 20 percent of refinery shutdowns are due to electrical equipment*, and Eaton is helping customers master the power capabilities they need to provide uninterrupted operations and maximized production,” said Jill Nelson, director, oil and gas marketing and sales operations at Eaton.
Attendees to Eaton’s booth #4838 at OTC can interact with application experts for hands-on demonstrations and see its latest electrical, hydraulic and filtration technologies helping customers reduce risk and optimize processes, including:
- Structural solutions designed to cut installation time by upwards of 50 percent and reduce parts by up to 75 percent
- Fundamental power distribution technology for oil and gas operations, including switchgear: Eaton’s industry-exclusive Arc Quenching Switchgear is able to withstand an arc flash event, making it possible to return the equipment into services in hours; Eaton’s gas-insulated technology, Power Xpert XGIS can help reduce maintenance by nearly 40 percent
- A broad portfolio of solutions for harsh and hazardous environments and deep application expertise to reduce installation time and maintenance costs
- Predictive technologies, including InsulGard, delivers the intelligence to avoid downtime, which provided The Linde Group with an estimated $1M to $3M savings to business operations
- Remote monitoring solutions like the Power Xpert® C445 relay that provide diagnostic information to avoid downtime
- EatoniteTM anti-corrosion laser cladding improves wear and corrosion resistance in motion compensation systems, reducing unplanned maintenance and downtime
For more information, visit Eaton.com/OilandGas.