On January 16th, the EMC is hosting its 2nd Virtual Panel. Entitled New Opportunities in Energy M&A – we’re expecting a large crowd of energy professionals who have a stake in retail energy M&A and overall business development. M&A activity is rampant right now and whether you’re a potential buyer, seller or just an observer in the industry, you don’t want to miss this lively discussion.
Last July, Energy Marketing Conferences hosted its first Virtual Panel – Customer Engagement in Competitive Energy. We had 6 great panelist and over 150 virtual attendees. We received such great feedback on the first Virtual Panel that we’ve decided to make it a permanent part of the EMC schedule.
We have 4 great panelists already confirmed; they are:
- Justin Courtney – Managing Director – Stephens & Co.
- Nathan Kroeker – President & CEO- Spark Energy
- Harold Marx – Director of Strategy of Business Development – NRG
- David Mirza – President – Medtractions
- Philip Wills – Vice President of Finance – Pulse Power Texas
Don’t miss the exciting virtual panel – Click here to register.
The panelists on the EMC M&A Virtual Panel will discuss the following topics as they relate to the retail energy industry:
- What are the Current trends in mergers and acquisitions
- What are acquirers looking for in acquisitions?
- What are you seeing as the current pricing? Is it EBITDA-based or RCE-based?
- What is the best way to find a good acquisition?
- What is the best way to let the word out that your company is available to be acquired?
- Is there still an arbitrage between the CTA and the sales price per RCE?
- How does retail energy compare to other subscription-oriented businesses such as cable TV and SAAS companies?
- What can companies do to make themselves look more attractive to a potential acquirer?
- If M&A is cyclical as most people believe, where are we on the cycle right now and how long will it last?
- Do you have any personal war stories that you can share? I.e. mergers or acquisitions that didn’t work? What are the pitfalls?