It was a pleasure to speak with Todd Grover, Global Sr. Manager , Applied Safety Solutions at Master Lock during the National Safety Council Congress in Houston this week. He told me that the lock out/tag out procedure is an old system that is still very viable in the hydrocarbon processing industries.
Todd will be giving a webinar on October 30, 2018 on the lock out/tab out methodology. He will discuss the following items:
- The role of lockout permits to document safe work activities.
- The checklist method of documenting lockout activity on generic machinery.
- The enhancement of contractor management through this information exchange process.
- On-the-spot ability to document lockout activity for previously non-considered equipment
- A review methodology to impact auditing requirements and continuous improvement efforts.
Click on the image above for registration information.